We have developed this FAQ guide to assist you to use Zoom to keep in touch online.
To make sure that you do not have any issues with your first Zoom meeting the best thing to do is to first install the Zoom application.
So let’s install Zoom:
1) First, navigate to https://zoom.us/download and you will be greeted with the Download Centre, then click Download under “Zoom Client For Meetings”.
2) Once downloaded, run the downloaded file and it will install Zoom on your pc.
3) Once installed run Zoom and from the popup window select “Sign Up Free”
4) A web browser window will open for you to sign up to Zoom free. Enter your email address and press “Sign Up”
5) An email will have been sent to you. Click the link in the email to confirm your registration
6) A web browser window will open to a new page asking to enter your name details and a password
7) Next, you will be greeted to a screen to be able to invite any colleagues, family or friends by entering their email address, you may skip this if you wish
8) You will then get a screen to start a test meeting with your test meeting url. Press “Start Meeting Now” and a window will popup asking you to “Open Zoom”. Select “Open Zoom”
9) When Zoom launchers another popup box will open select “Join with computer audio”
10) Now copy your invitation URL which is what people will use to connect to your meeting and press the “Start Video” button
11) Now share your invitation URL with the people you want to join your meeting and then wait for them to connect
That’s it you have started your first Zoom meeting.
Check out our other blogs: