Facebook Has A New Website Design With Dark Mode This Is How To Use It
(Wednesday 13 May 2020)
Facebook redesigned its web interface
The new interface looks largely similar to Facebook's Android and iOS apps
The new interface has Dark Mode
Facebook recently updated its website design so that it will look better than before. Aside from making the social media website's interface look better, the company also decided to add a new feature that will make using it easier and more comfortable during the evening – Dark Mode.
BGR noted that the new redesign makes Facebook's website easier to use. The new interface makes looking for things easier, and loading pages seems faster than ever. While these features, as well as the addition of bigger buttons, makes using the web client easier and more fun, the addition of Dark Mode changes how Facebook is being used. Here's how to enable it.
In order to use Facebook's new Dark Mode, users will need to access the new Facebook interface.
- First, users will need to launch any browser then head to facebook.com.
- Next, after logging in, users will need to tap or click on the menu icon at the top-right area of the page. For those who don't know it, the icon looks like an arrow pointing down.
- After that, a menu will appear on the screen. Users should look for and then tap or click on the Switch to New Facebook option.
Users will then see Facebook's redesigned interface. The new interface looks largely similar to how the latest Facebook Android or iOS app looks like. This means those who like the new app interface will probably like it, while those who don't will not. Nevertheless, using the new Facebook interface is the only way to enable Dark Mode. Here's how to enable it:
- First, users should tap or click on the same menu icon at the top-right portion of the page. Hovering the mouse pointer above the menu icon should result in “Account” appearing on it.
- Second, a menu will appear on the screen. Users should look for the Dark Mode toggle located in the middle of the menu, then tap or click on it to enable it.
Those who switch to the “New Facebook” will be asked to choose between using the light-coloured interface or activate Dark Mode right then and there. Those who want to see how the light and dark-coloured interfaces vary from each other can do so by toggling the control mentioned above.
Additionally, those who want to return to the old Facebook interface can do so by tapping or clicking on the menu icon, then choosing Switch to Classic Facebook. There's no telling when Facebook will decide to remove this button, but it still works as of writing time.
Check out some of our other top blogs: